Working at Spherion Corporation — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Spherion Corporation pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Spherion Corporation

From Illinois — 08/31/2010

This review is intended for those of you who may think Spherion is a scam or has horrible hiring processes that you're curious about. The real review will be posted after training and my work begins.

For now, I will tell you that Spherion treated me very well. The interview was on time, and it was as efficient as I've ever seen the process go. I was in and out under an hour. They even take care of most of the paperwork for you, which is new to me. I don't know about any other positions, but if they are hiring you as a customer service associate who answers phones and deals with human resources questions, if you pass the online testing phase your interview is very basic and you'll get in.

Granted, this is only a temporary position lasting around 5 months, but at $15 an hour, you really can't complain about the cash you can rack up in that time period. They say they do keep a few workers at the end of the contract, but for now I'll just say I doubt that. Too bad this wasn't a full time position, these people were classy and to the point.

From Pennsylvania — 12/09/2009

I work for Spherion Internal and I love it! The people here recognize you and always have positive things to say. If you are a temp looking for a job and you have a bad track record...most likeley they wont give you a 2nd chance. We heard all the excuses and there is always someone else who wants the job and will actually go!

From Fort Lauderdale — 08/26/2009

My experience with Spherion was really great. I was in one of the best team in the accounting department though. Not everyone was lucky to have my boss and some high end directors were inhumane in the way they treated the entry level accountants.

From Jacksonville, Florida — 06/19/2009

I personally had a fantastic experience. I worked with them on two seperate assignments. On the first assignment when I felt the job wasn't going anywhere I put in my two week notice and they had a second assignment lined up from me. I think people forget that this very much so is a temporary agency and they in fact do find you temporary jobs. Personally, I am right out of high school and this is fantastic for me. I am building my resume while advancing my knowledge and Spherion helped me do it. Now, I have a fantastic job making GREAT money at 19 all thanks to them !

From Ft. Lauderday, FL — 08/21/2008

I have worked for Spherion for two years and have found it to be a great place to work. The work/life balance is incredible, the pay is good, and my management is awesome. It's interesting to note that several of the people in the other posts are no longer with us.

From Ft Lauderdale — 04/25/2007

I can not believe no one has fired the chairman and CEO yet? Krause is a little dweeb. Mark Smith the CFO got the job by default and has a personality like a door knob. These two are milking this company with larger and larger pay.. the chairman Elbaum is the biggest culprit! What about the lacky trainig/HR dept. All back stabbers from the freak Nancy and team.

From Ft. Lauderdale, Flor — 01/13/2007

Not everyone at the company is bad nor is everyone good but on average this company is a better place to work than most in the staffing industry. Unfortunately a lot of housecleaning the past four years has left several low performers on the street with too much time on their hands to post here and on yahoo. Short sellers jumped on the negativity bandwagon and added fuel to the fire. Customers on the other hand have a higher opinion of the company and most have long term relationships with Spherion. Customer relationships include several of America's most admired companies like Coke, Dell, Microsoft, IBM, and UPS. I have been with the company for a long time and have seen firsthand the changes in management along with some questionable investment, acquisition and divesture decisions. On the other hand they make a profit, are debt free and aren't under SEC investigation. The real strength of the company lies in the branch/field personnel. This group of individuals has continued to perform despite being handicapped with a rough technology implementation and hefty corporate overhead. Pay and benefits are as good as most competitors with Kelly, Manpower and Adecco all paying lower and offering less. Respect has been an issue with several management team members fighting amongst themselves, CEO Krause has begun a process to improve how people are treated including terminating several key individuals who were the worst offenders. Job security exists if you can deliver expected results and stay within budget. Work life balance is ok with hundreds of work from home opportunities, part time positions and very little weekend or overtime work expected. Career growth is decent with over half of management positions filled through internal promotion. Warm weather Ft. Lauderdale corporate headquarters location is great when you consider that the competitive alternatives are to live in Troy, Milwaukee or Long Island. As with all companies co-worker competency is a mixed bag although current management has been upgrading at a rapid pace. Compared to the other staffing and recruiting alternatives Spherion is among the best to work for.