Working at Sonic Drive-In — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Sonic Drive-In pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Sonic Drive-In

From sioux city iowa — 11/13/2009

I started working at sonic at the end of july the year that i turned 16. My coworkers are very friendly people and the managment team is nice they don't have me work when I can't and they call me if they need alittle extra help. Overall my experiance with working there has been great!!!!!!

From Tennessee — 01/07/2009

I use to work at Sonic and I thought it was a great place to work. I mean, I'm sure you may not be as lucky to work with friendly staff, but it is what you make it. Great money when you're younger, I made so much money one summer, roughly about 80 bucks in tips a day! And that's just tips, I am not adding my minimal wage. Great job and great memories.

From Hillsboro, OR — 03/26/2008

I was hired even before the store opened, so everybody was new when the store itself opened. The job was very easy, I started by just taking orders then got to make all the ice cream treats which was a lot of fun. The managers at the beginning were really funny and understanding, but as the months went by they started getting aggravated easily and weren't very interested in making the store fun anymore. This was only my second job, and it was while I was in high school so being paid minimum wage didn't bother me, but there was no way to grow in the job for all the jobs were very simple so there was no where to move up. Some of the people I worked with were great, but some acted like know-it-alls which got really annoying, but overall the job was pretty good and if I were back in high school again I'd consider working there again.