Working at Sonic Drive In — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Sonic Drive In pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Sonic Drive In

From SOUTHEAST TEXAS — 08/14/2010

Well first off the pay is horrible..im a cook and i get 80+ hours on a paycheck and still my bi weekly check is usually only 650 before taxes. The people i work with are cool and fun. the female managers are literally whores and the male managers are retarded incompetent dumb asses though. but my co workers are awesome. moving up isnt really hard. im in the process of training to be a crew leader now. Benifits are non-existent. I pretty much am good on the whole work/life balance. all in all its not thta bad of a place to work, but if you cant stand taking orders from incompetent dumb asses then i would advise you to try somewhere else.

From Amarillo, TX — 05/02/2010

Everyone I've come accross at this Sonic is very serious about their job. They do just about everything by the book, my previous Sonic job didn't. The pay for crew members is fair because it's the minimum wage. For carhops it's even better IF they know how to make good tips, AND their job is SOOO much easier than one of a crew member. If you're looking for a fast food place that can give you up to $800 bi-weekly checks this is surprisingly your place to be.. all you have to do is PROVE that you're a good worker and they'll give you A LOT of hrs.. if you really want that pay though, you can't complain about being overworked.