Working at Sodexho — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Sodexho pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Sodexho

From Louisville,KY — 08/25/2010

They use contracts so there's always a risk of losing your job.

From Northeast — 03/16/2010

Current employee. After reading some of the other posts kinda wonder if these people had a career in the food service industry before????? Going from restaurants to Sodexo I actually gained more of a personal/ Family life. I sacrificed higher pay and working with equals to the ladder........but that is the trade off. I have tested the waters with other foodservice companies Sodexo had the best benefit package, and overall organization. Are they a profit making company.....yes. I would be very scared to work for a company that didn't make a profit. That would be very bad. All in all I make a living by working hard.....that's the "American Dream right" My suggestions to others on this page who felt they were underpaid for their work.: learn how to negotiate better/ develop yourself in another field of expertise.

From michigan — 04/01/2009

I love working for sodexo. been with the company many years. I feel the pay is good for the amount of hours worked. excellent benefits. everyone gets along well. the treat their employees very good. New uniforms annually paid for by them. excellent quality of the food served. I get summers off and all holidays off. they did a lot for the community. the next food service company to replace them will have big shoes to fill.

From Durango, CO — 07/01/2008

The chef and cooks were great, and were overqualified to be cooking at a cafeteria in my opinion. The pay was low, most of my co-workers had two jobs and roommates! The benfits could have been easier to get, not certain windows to sign up and high fees for those of us making under 25,000 a year! Not a bad company, but you have to keep on them and jump hoops to get a raise or promotion. At the campus, being laid off every break, holiday, and summer made it hard to get by. Filing for unemployment is a joke, and even if you get it, it's not much, the job stability is horrible, at any campus location. Just when you have saved up a tiny bit of money, you are back to being short in a few months. If you can coast through the lean times, the menus, training, safety, and paperwork is organized and the work environment itself is far better than private sector or chain food service. The middle managers, GM's, and lower employees are great, the district managers seem to get in the way, though.

From texas — 05/22/2008

Really nice people! Have their system and they stick to it. Could pay a little more.

From NW Ohio — 03/25/2007

i worked at a college for 6years and loved it. i changed jobs b/c it was supposed to be better! but now i see my mistake!! Sodexho seeems to actually care about ppl and their food! Everybody i worked with really knew their jobs, and they were trained well. The benefits were great and i was very well respected!!! The pay could of been a little more, thats why i left, but youll find that most everywhere.