Working at smart style — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about smart style pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at smart style

From salem, ohio — 12/03/2009

i have been working for rhis company for 5 years. the pay is great bc the 50% commission is easy to reach if you do your job well. you do not get much respect as we are inside of walmart and youre basically a hair cutting machine to the higher ups. we get great incentive prizes (i just won a dooney and burke bag priced a $220 yay!), and the benefits arent too bad. job security? well theres no such thing. they can fire u without reason, so as long as you go to work and do your job without drama, youre pretty much safe. pretty much lol. i basically live my life at the salon, but the pay is worth it. you have to potential to move up in the company as they love to hire from within. lacation is great bc of walmart we get tons of traffic. my coworkers...well some are fantastic but the majority are incompetent and have no passion about this business. the work enviroment is okay i guess except its very lowclass. but i plan on moving up soon and i will do everything i can to change the overall opinion of this salon