Working at Sheetz — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Sheetz pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Sheetz

From Weston WV 26452 — 08/31/2010

I have been with the company for 2 years, I like my job and the people I work with. You do have some people who think that they shouldn't have to do any thing. But that is them and this is me. I do what I can and I feel that I do it well, Work when they need me. The only bad thing I can say it If you come in for somebody and it puts you in overtime, I don't think my hours should get cut for doing the store a favor.

OTHER THAN THAT I LOVE MY JOB AND THE SHEETZ FAMILY THAT I HAVE WITH OUR STORE

From Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania — 12/31/2009

Sheetz has been a great employer for me. I have only been working for Sheetz for around 4 months and I am already in management as a Departmental Manager/Supervisor--talk about opportunity! I went to a well known college in my area, worked as a bartender/supervisor at a local restaurant for squat, but I liked the job. After working there for over a year I left and moved back here to Hollidaysburg (home of Sheetz Family Corporate Office) and was unable to find a job. I was employed at a Sunoco where I did just as much work as I do now for minimum wage and little room to advance. Now I work for Sheetz and love it, because I like working with people in an ever changing work enviroment. My pay rate is well above average, I am making more than I would have using my degree to become a teacher (which I opted out of my last year at school). The crew at my store does a great job, most everyone has a positive attitude and are usually cooperative. My general manager is the best boss I have ever had as he is very friendly, extremely good at his job, and he is more than willing to go out of his way to help anyone/everyone. Sheetz is a great place to work if you are motivated, ready to put in time and hard work, have the intelligence and abillity to meet customer needs and do your job whether it be crew (which I worked as for less than a financial quarter before moving right up into management). I can't say how it is to work in Sheetz locations outside of PA, but here you are treated with respect, my boss has a great attitude which motivates the management team and our employees to do the best they can. If you're from PA and live in Hollidaysburg or Altoona go for Sheetz 354, working for Mr. Whipple is nothing short of an honor. If you have the abillity to work in a fast paced enviroment, like people, can handle a boss who gets everything done while treating his employees with the respect they deserve then Sheetz is for you. Work hard enough and you'll find yourself moving into mangement quickly, which brings about outstanding healthcare benefits for an affordable price, profit sharing, bonuses, stock ownership, and an overall excellent workplace then Sheetz is for you!!! Consider working at Sheetz now as they are implenting a new program (or expanding it rather) to recruit more management from within the company rather than from the street. This addresses the comment about the Managers who were fired in N.C.--they were most likely not used to the enviroment at Sheetz which can feel a little overwhelming at first and simply could not cut--Sheetz does NOT discriminate and does NOT unlawfully release employees, these managers were most likely fired due to their own merit--which is how it should be! I love my job, love my boss, have a great team to work with (my fellow members of management and the crew employees both!), infact I plan on staying at Sheetz for a career--I will be doing all in my power to stay at Store 354 with Mr. Whipple until the day he retires, then I will do my best to be as good of a manager as he is. If I can be half as good as that man, then the world is at my fingers. If this sounds like a work enviroment you would enjoy with great opportunities then apply! If you lack motivation or simply are not one for working with the public then stay away, but if you're motivated and enjoy people then Sheetz is number one in that field!

Chuck S.
Shift Supervisor, Management Team
Sheetz 354

From PA — 12/28/2009

Sheetz for me was a great company to work for. I enjoyed my coworkers very much, the pay was good. Think about it for the normal kid that gets a job how much is he or she paid? Mininum wage, Sheetz starts your off at 9.25 -10.00 depending what district. I was always respected by my managment for doing a job well done, and have a postive outlook of the shift, and what needed to get done. Not everyone will respect you, however for the most part if you respect others and have a good attitude others will respect you. The benefits were good, there are companies that don't even offer benefits to their employee's, even part time ee's have benefits. Job Security, there will always be a sheetz at least for our lifetime, so you will always have a job. Work/Life Balance isn't the greatest but at the same time when you apply you should realize that your applying to a 24/7 365 company, your going to be working strange hours. Career potential defenity there, promoting to managment is easy if your a hard worker it pays off, if not you won't get anything in return. There are so many position's that you can promote to, maybe not in 1 year. As there are a lot of people that would like to get promoted before new employee's. I had worked for Sheetz for 4 months and got promoted. Location you drive 20 mins and you have a Sheetz, apply to the closest on that you live to. All in all its a great company to start out when your young. If you have a good work ethic you will grow in the company, and they will thank you.