Working at Sears Auto Center — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Sears Auto Center pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Sears Auto Center

From Chicago (north side) — 10/06/2010

I've been working at a SAC for a whole year now and, yes, the pay is low, and there's no room for advancement but guess what? I like it here. Why? Because I have read the reviews for other automotive places and also for advance auto parts and auto zone...

Here NOBODY MESSES WITH ME. I don't have to stress too much, I can be a good sales person if I feel like it, if not then SO F****NG WHAT?

Yes, I know that if your numbers go down they will reduce your hours but that will only happen if you really suck.

Things I like:
I don't have to sell little packs of grease and flashlights and knickknacks like @ autozone
I don't have to clean ANYTHING
The sales floor is small enough that re-stocking and making it look nice is super-easy
The coworkers are good sales-people and have great automotive knowledge
The technicians are friendly and also very relaxed
I can take brakes every now and then, and nobody cares

Things I dislike:
Commission pay (low commissions... low pay overall)
Computers and printers fail constantly
Too many phone calls
Having to deal with sneaky customer (scammers) that want something for free or that think they know more than you do.
Management may also try to make you do things that are not in your job description, but if you have experience in dealing with this kind of situation it's easy to get them off your back.
Some other sales-people may try to back-stab you... at first...
No female co-workers

THIS IS IMPORTANT: I THINK MY LOCATION IS ONE VERY RELAXED LOCATION. MAYBE I'M LUCKY, SO SHHHHH!