Working at Schlumberger — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Schlumberger pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Schlumberger

From ponder tx going to horseheads vny — 02/27/2010

i have worked for schlumberger for 17 yrs.have had my ups and downs.never been anywhere i hated.most new hires complain about loyalty and commitment. pay and job security. well for your first 3 years you wont get much of any respect,pay ,or commitment. until you nprove you deserve it. which in my eyes is how it should be. our society has some how misplaced that respect goes both ways and is earned not assumed.as for the good ol boy theory those who complain about it are usually the lazy people that want a $100,000.00 yr job for no effort. this is not the job for the faint of heart. i have worked from +100 to-80 degrees. worked in swamps ,on platforms,the artic circle to the llaredo tx. i recieve plenty of respect but i earned every bit. if you dont like extreme work dont do it.if you do climb on board. as for job stability in our current economic climate who has a stable job. but i have survived multiple lay offs. not because im a good ol boy but because im flexible and willing to do what needs to be done to keep my job. as for benefits compare slb benefits with your local buisnesses before you flap your gums abount bennies.bottom line as with any job it is what you make it. if your lazy it sucks. if your a go getter you bcan reap a very good life style. if your married you also have to have a strong spouse. nature of the job is it can consume alot of your time. so you have to learn to have quality time because you wont get much quantity. but again the nature of the beast. if you make good money yo dont get much free time.

From TX — 02/09/2010

OH WL ENGR. Good Company. Plenty of options. Can be difficult to balance family and work life but welcome to the real world.

From Al Khobar — 12/22/2009

I have worked for Schlumberger for 11 years and have reached a level of responsibility that my college friends could only dream about. Everyone at SLB are hardworking, intelligent and well motivated. I have recently decided to leave SLB but it is not due to money or career opportunities but simply because I have tired of traveling around the world. In the last five years I have lived in five different countries. All these moves takes allot out of you so I figured it was time for a change. I would not do anything differently if I could do it all over again. Oh...one last thing....I got an offer from another company that is well over twice the industry average for my seniority. I got this in large part to the training that SLB provided me. It is not an easy job. Most people cant handle it. But those who stick out past the three year mark will not be disappointed.

From Sugarland, TX — 02/27/2007

Very good pay. Very good career growth for upper level employees. Very good job security as compared to other well services companies due to the fact that only 20% of their operations are located in the US.