Working at Sandia springs — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Sandia springs pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Sandia springs

From Rio Rancho — 04/22/2010

Give me a break to the individual dummie who said people die there. Yes 80-100 year old people die!!!! It's a fact. Give me a break they come to Sandia Springs because their at the end of their life!!!!!!! Not because their in their 20's and beginning their life! The company is not as bad as people think. Employees are nice, and management isn't that bad. Good location. People are never going to be happy, just a fact of nature. If you work and do what your suppose to do, you won't have a problem. WHAT A CONCEPT. You people that bitch o because you have NO life.

From Rio Rancho, New Mexi — 03/07/2008

I became employed at Sandia Springs because I wanted to make a difference in the lives of the residents--as they deserve the best. I was raised by my parents with the ethic that "home is where your heart is"--there is much heart here at Sandia Springs! Many many dedicated employees that come to work daily as managers, as caregivers, as volunteers and they are here because they want to be here for the residents--that is what we are all about. I did not choose Sandia Springs as my employer based on their benefits, their pay, their rating corporately, but I came to work here because of the considerate employees I was introduced to, the smiles on the residents faces and family members as well--Sandia Springs has heart! Employees that vent about benefits and pay should go back to college and get a good education and work in the corporate world like at Intel, or go to NY City. Sandia is inline with the competive market of assisted livings in the Albuquerque area. If pay is the priority for you applying at Sandia Springs that seek that out and the benefits during your interview process, NOT after you have accepted the job to work here and they complain. It sounds to me like these complainers should not have taked the jobs offered to them in the first place. Their is career potential here, but the normal employee isn't looking to "move on up" they are comfortable right where they are--that isn't such a bad thing--they are the "content employee" and every corporation needs them. I enjoy working at Sandia Springs with all the nice employees we have, support we receive from corporate (when we ask for it--if you do not ask you probably cannot recieve--that is a fact of life in anything we do), the families are supportive of us. Honestly, I think the communication arena could use some work--we all need to become good listeners more before talking. Over my career life, I have work for rehab hospitals in the midwest and west coast, nursing home in New Mexico and now in assisted living and I truly enjoy what I do. Our residents and their histories can provide us a wealth of knowledge to live by--if we listen. Sunwest Management is only 14 years old, they have grown much faster than expected and are experiencing growth pains--my parents developed their company in the midwest to a multibillion dollar company and it took lots of hard work, dedication from their employees and experienced growth pain. They provided me with good work ethics. All I have to say for persons reading my vent and you are employed at Sandia Springs or desire to--it is going to take lots of hard work and your dedication to make a difference in the lives of our residents and their families. You will not be sorry the time you invest with our family here, so welcome!

From Rio Rancho N.M. — 02/04/2008

If you only read the bad things about our home, that is sad. I will always believe in our facility. We offer activities, good food, but first and most important we offer great care to our families that reside here! Our benefits may not be the greatest, but, career growth is great! You must be willing to work and be up to any challange and there are a few. I believe that if you like making people smile nothing can stop you. I have read the negitive reports about Sandia Springs, some I agree with and some I do not. But what company does not have people that are not happy, maybe, just maybe, things will change and get better. But that will not happen till everyone is willing to help improve everything. Yes I think we need to have more training,who can't use that. Yes, the benefits could be better, we can all agree to that. But, the one reason that I am there and that so many of us stay there are the people who live there! No matter who bad the job may seem at times, the one reason we are there is the people who live there! I may not always be happy about things, but at the same time, I am there for everyone who lives there. To me that is what is important. Personally I don't care how big the corporate jet is. I am not here for them, I am here for our family that resides in our home.