Working at Samsonite — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Samsonite pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Samsonite

From virginia — 12/09/2009

Pay for my position is pretty good...but not great...i know the SMs get payed really well though, so if you are looking to move up in the company, that's something to look forward to.

Respect is great...everyone higher up than me is willing to listen to my ideas, suggestions as well as complaints and frustrations alike. not only do they listen but they work with you to find a solution!!

Benefits are OK, the coverage is good but you have to pay a lot of money out of your own pocket. (200/mo)

Job Security is really good...this is a company who understands that people will make mistakes and also that people who are worth keeping will LEARN from their mistakes...they dont feed you to the sharks the minute that you mess up. They also recognize your achievements

Work/Life Balance is great...if you are FT you are given 2 weeks of vac. at least a year which is good and they are really good about letting you take it whenever you need it...and they aren't afraid to pull someone from another store to help out if something goes bad...

Career Potential/Growth...you can def. grow with this company, but not many higher positions come up because there are so many managers who have been with the co. 5+ years because its such a sweet job!

Location...we have a great location next to DC and a major airport

Co-Worker competence...unfortunatly in my store some people are given too many chances and people who screw up a lot or cant sell are still here

work environment...pretty good...sometimes people bring personal stuff to work which isnt really cool but we always have fun :)