Working at Sallys Beauty Supply — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Sallys Beauty Supply pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Sallys Beauty Supply

From Indiana — 09/07/2010

Pay: Decent pay. Well, for me. I am a licensed professional and get paid fairly well for being only a part time job. Other than that, definitely would not have lasted on minimum wage.

Respect: Ok respect. I am lucky to have an okay manager that works very hard. The customers, on the other hand, are a bunch of idiots. I have been talked down to so many times because these cheap, ignorant customers do not know that I AM LICENSED. I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!

Benefits: Yea, I get benefits. Are they beneficial?? Not the part time benefits. The only thing they really cover are prescriptions.

Job Security: AMAZING. I have been with the company for four years. Never have I been scared of being fired or let go. Everyone else at the store has been there 5+ years(even though some really should not be there). Really no big turn over.

Work life/balance: Pretty good. With Sally's only being a part time job, my manager has been awesome working around my salon and school schedules. Also since we are pretty well staffed, requested days off are never a problem.

Career potential/growth: Have never seen it so I don't know. I would love to manage but there has yet to be a an open position.

Location: Great. We are a super-busy location. I wish there were more locations around my area. My customers ask for more all the time.

Co-worker Competence: HORRIBLE!! There are a couple of ladies I work with that I don't even know how they keep their job!!! One lady is late EVERY DAY, then stays even later to make up for it. Then because she stays late, she throws off our hours for the week. She WILL NOT follow dress code, never works 8 hour days so is not scheduled to take lunch breaks but will still leave and take hour breaks to go shopping!!! She also refuses to close because she "doesn't like the closing duties". SUCK IT UP!!! She is just all around horrible and despite bad karma, I HOPE SHE GETS FIRED! Another lady won't work weekends and is just lazy. The manager, yes, she is a good person, but has huge issues with problem solving. There are so many employee problems, and she does not fix them at all. I've had problems before and she called in the DM to fix it. Enough on that rant. I can go on for days!

Work environment: What a joke. Break room? Same thing as stock room. Kitchen? Same thing as bathroom. Haha, that is where our microwave is. For as much work as Sally's employees do, there should be something done to make the environment enjoyable. I think the stores should be given extra hours for truck, monthly tags, price changes and correction counts to be done after the store is closed. I know our store is just pure chaos every truck day and even worse when truck day and the beginning of the month fall on or around the same day.
Working at sally's is not hard work, but it is a lot of work.

From NY — 07/02/2010

Great place to work. Has its ups and downs. Pay isn't great, but the benefits make up for it. Usually short handed and can get very stressful, but overall, it's a rewarding job and having a great team, like my own, plus wonderful upper management makes it that much better. I've been a manager for about 5 years now, after working my way up from a part time position, and I completely reccomend anyone to work with us, that is, of course, as long as you're not lazy and you're actually willing and able to do the work required.