Work at Sally Beauty Supply — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Sally Beauty Supply pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Sally Beauty Supply

From Mich — 02/17/2010

I'm appalled at all of you with your negative comments. I have been with Sally Beauty for over 13 years and have moved my way up from an hourly to a District Manager.
This company offers many benefits to their employees, many of you say you get nothing and the manager gets a trip. The manager ONLY gets the trip if he or she earns the trip. The manager gets a lot of help earning thier trip with the help of the employees. The employees can earn scratch offs and can win prizes. I do admit that not all of the prizes are great ones but if they were the company would not be able to this.

Also everyone gets FREE products every month, flexible schedules, employee discount and scratch off tickets if the store hits their goals. Plus you earn points for specific items sold. Full time employees get more benefits like holiday pay BUT we offer MEDICAL INSURANCE TO FULL AND PART TIME EMPLOYEES ALONG WITH PAID VACATIONS TO FULL AND PART TIME EMPLOYEES
I understand that everyone has different work ethics and do like to work hard, as for myself and my managers we would not ask any other employee to do something that we would not do ourselves.
I have very good managers and very good employees yes some have their ups and downs and need a little extra push or help but thats what we are here to do.

For those of you who have had problems because your manager, DM or associates were all friends and nothing was ever done when you had a problem know that in every store there is a employee abuse number posted in every store. You can always call that number talk but you should follow the steps by talking to the manager, then DM, TM and then the support center.

No one should have to go to work daily hating their job and their co workers, next time ask for a transfer BUT I do say Sally Beauty is a GREAT PLACE TO WORK. The work is not very hard work, it is retail. The job involves customer service, putting out shipments (once a week), fronting, facing, sweeping, mopping, price changes....so as you can see it is not a very hard physical job!!!

From Michigan — 02/10/2010

I have been with the company for over 10 years now. While the pay isn't the greatest it pays the bills. For all the people complaining about how horrible Sally's is maybe you should have stepped up to the challenge. If you work hard you get rewarded. I started off as an hourly worker and am now a store manager. All companies have their ups and downs, we just need to learn to work around them. There is always room for advancement. As far as managers sitting in the back room all day, maybe you should have taken this to someone higher, we do have the employee concern line you could have called. I as a manager am rarely in the backroom and I NEVER ask my employess to do something that I myself would not do. So stop complaining and learn to deal with the real world. Anyone who is willing to work and reliable then apply at Sally Beauty Supply. Just realize if you get hired thinking this is a cake walk think again, we do have goals we want to make as all companies do.

From Idaho — 01/03/2010

I love working for Sally's, I read these reviews and wonder what these people are thinking. If you do your job and do it well Sally's is more than willing to reward you! The things people are saying about a $.38 raise is ridiculous! Maybe you should all work hard and respect your Superiors, I give outstandings on reviews all the time! Sally's is a great company with AMAZING benefits, I'm looking forward to My trip to Cancun in May 2010, and totally enjoyed the Cruise to Cancun in April '09 I've been to Texas for Presidents awards every year that I have been eligable!! Try stepping up ur game people and you will find what a wonderful place Sally's Can Be to work!