Working at Salesforce.com — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Salesforce.com pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Salesforce.com

From san francisco, ca — 08/01/2008

Interview knowing that job probably does not exist

Pros

- Great resume-builder, since company is well-respected in the Saas space and CRM space
- Great SF location, right on Embarcadero with plenty of access to transit and food and nightlife
- Some good perks, and office is nicely designed
- If their "platform as a service" takes off, they will be very successful

Cons:

- They interview many people with no intention of hiring - only to gain outside ideas
- Culture at the top (VP and up) is ego-centric, jerk attitude towards lower employees and outsiders
- Make interviewees jump thru hoops (five separate in-person meetings plus a presentation!) only to be told, "sorry, we're hiring from within"
- No senior-level empathy for workload pounded onto people

Advice to Senior Management

- Yes, you are successful, but treat people with respect.
- Benioff's whole Buddhism-inspired culture is a sham

From San Francisco, CA — 05/16/2008

I hired on two years ago - making me an old timer here :) I love the "can do" attitude and sense of mission shared by people at this company. The energy is contagious and motivates you to want to come to work and get something done. The only thing I can really ding us for is work/life balance, but let's face it - we do it to ourselves. No one is making us put in the effort required to grow the company to be number one. But it seems like we all share the vision, or at least that those who don't move on to something else. The company hires so named "A players", which though never defined seems to include people with ambition moderated by a strong sense of ethics and able to work well with others. It's a pleasure to work with my co-workers. Each one was chosen for their expertise in a particular area. So I've learned more here than I ever did in school. Regarding location, it's hard to beat San Francisco as a place to work - plenty of nice views of the bay to be enjoyed during the off moments.