Working at Saint Johns Unified School District — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Saint Johns Unified School District pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Saint Johns Unified School District

From Saint Johns Arizona — 08/04/2008

I have worked here for a while. It is an ok place to work. I would say the few bad things are that some "squeaky" wheel co-workers seem to get out of the nastiest "volunteer jobs" (like the jr prom). Those same teachers are the most incompetent ones, too. Our principal seems to be over worked or something because those people never get repremanded. The health benifits are ok, but I have seen better.
The assistant principal does not back up the teachers with disipline, parent complaints or respect. We have all learned to do our own disiple, or do without. Our school counselor does not back up what she says about failing students, they don't have to repeat a failed class in the classroom. They get to do it on a computer. What an incenitive to fail!! She says one thing to your face, but does another. Very Annoying! Special Ed is a joke right now, but that is more the state's fault than the department, althougth there are one or two sped teachers who are "trying". They either spin thier wheels or have others do thier work for them. There is no growth potential, but you have pretty good job security: every year we hire 2-5 new teachers. We also seem to be dumped upon more and more each year with things to do that in the end, not one parent appreciates or cares about. Look around, who does math or read a book after high school? Not many. Most of the people who are paid better were the "D" students.
A small town like this takes a special person to stay and we go through many teachers who can't make it work. I think the over all enviroment is good for a school, we are not micromanaged and have much more freedom than it seems some office workers do. I do like the location, I live very close and it takes me less than 15 minutes to get to work; much better than a bigger city. But the proximity to other things are less than desirible- rurual really means something at this school.