Working at SAFELITE AUTOGLASS — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about SAFELITE AUTOGLASS pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at SAFELITE AUTOGLASS

From Billerica, MA — 10/19/2010

I have been working for Safelite for about a year and a half. After completing the standard training classes, i starting performing repairs on windshields. At this point I had my own company car, phone and gas card. Everything was going swell for about 11 months or so. After this time of being a repair medic, I thought it was time for me to move up the ladder for which they say. I signed up for the windshield replacement class at the begining of April. Training was for 8 weeks and was tought by a regional trainer form Minnisota. I recieved all of the right aspects of performing windishields replacements, door glasses, back glasses, vent and quarter glasses. At the end of this class i recieved my safe tech certification and was stationed out of Billerica, ma. During this time I worked on cars from the in shop appointments and a couple weeks later recieved my work van. I then started doing road jobs. Now im going to backtrack a little bit here. When i started doing reapairs i was told i would be getting $12 an hour (which i did), $13 when in training and $14 when i do replacements, OH DID THEY LIE............. Once out on the road by myself, i never recieved a pay increase, although i did get a dollar raise...(BIG WHOOP) , and they also told me that i was going to make PPP, (paid per part)..but i never saw that either and to this day. Im 28 years old, jut got engaged, and going to purchase a house in a few years and taking home $300 dollars a week is just not going to cut the mustard. Upper management has no way what we go through out in the field, all they care about are the numbers, not there employees, the communication barrier in this place sucks out loud. I start at 10 in the morning and end at 6. They pile on about 3 to 4 AM jobs on me, and the CTU call center in billerica calls me and akes for an ETA knowing that i start at 10 am each morning. It is so god dam frusterating having to go through this every day. And having a boss who has a napolian complex doesnt help either, the guy has no sense of humer and probebly puts his job in front of his family. I have never worked for a company like this one, i mean this is a worldwide corperation and they have to pay shit money for there workers, knowing that there are other glass companys out there smaller than safelite who pay way more then this one. I will never forget what my father said to me when these problems started happening, "son, corperate america will fuck you any way possible", that is deffenetly true with Safelite. Thanks for screwing me with a paper condom safelite, FUCK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!!!

From Columbus, OH — 08/17/2010

I work at Sales Central in Columbus, Ohio and I love it! We get paid commission, which is fantastic for an entry-level position. Sometimes I take home over $600.00 in commission for a week. I think that the policies and procedures are very strict, but I know it is necessary because I've worked in Call Centers before and it is expected when your looking for Call Center work. I've been here for awhile and the rift raft is no longer there, yes... I do wish the breaks could be longer and I wish I could communicate more with my co-workers.

From Chandler, AZ — 08/16/2010

I started working for Safelite in March And I liked it because it's was close and the people who worked there were friendly. At first the balance between work and life were great no real problems. Then they moved to their new call center in Chandler, that's where the managment and the company showed there true colors. I was constantly asked if I could do extra hours and when I couldn't they had an attitude about it and started being sarcastic and would treat me different. It was like they wanted a perfect employee in an imperfect company. The occurences I would get were over b.s. I would get them for not taking my lunch on time, being a minute late from lunch or calling out, I don't know why calling out would deserve an occurance but for Safelite it got you one. They commission structure was a joke!! It was based off of what seemed to be a random figure backed up by random percentages, who's knows where they got this idea from but it was an easy way to give any job hunter a perk, something they can say to sell this shady company to job hunter. Btw I never made comission and I've worker for AT&T in the past selling cell phones, where comission was based off what you sold not how much you sold, or how many sales opportunities one got. I can honestly say that this company has cut a niche by using bad business practices and treating employees like tools and not people. This has been one of my least liked jobs that I've ever had. There's no room for enjoyment, socializing, or any type of normal freedoms a job should give offer any employee. When you start to realize this and figure maybe it's just me. Wrong it's the company they do not value there employees so eventually your treated like an ugly sore, and they will find ANY reason to fire you. The constant reviews seemed like they were bullying you, I actually was asked and told about how bad the job market was, impling that it's either this or being unemployed. I have never felt so belittled at work. As for Safelite I thank them for showing me that there are bad jobs and good ones unfortunatly the good ones are hard to find while the bad ones are always hiring like Safelite.

From Chandler, AZ — 07/08/2010

I work in the new call center and I love my job. The people are great and the job coaches are very helpful. The pay is very good for what the job is and I look forward to going to work everyday.

From Columbus, OH — 05/19/2010

Pay is okay for what it is. I'd challenge anyone to look for an entry level job off of the streets which pays what this job pays.

I feel as though I was pretty well respected and treated fairly by management. I was at times pulled aside and was recognized for doing good work.

Benefits for part time employees aren't great, but they are something. Benefits for full time employees are pretty excellent, however.

Job security is good, as long as you show up on time, return from breaks on time and handle your phone calls as per the scripting, there's no way you're going to lose your job.

Work / Life Balance seems fine to me. It's a set schedule every week and no one is pulling your leg to work extra hours.

Career potential is huge. I started out working in the call center after I graduated from college last summer, and after eight months was promoted to a new position in a different department. If you are willing to work hard and give it 100%, then good things will happen.

Location isn't bad, I really hate the stretch of highway that I have to travel to get there, other than that it's fine.

I don't have a problem with co-worker competence. The cluster of people I tended to surround myself with in the call center were very competent. The job coaches I chose to associate with, my own coach included were very knowledgeable and always willing to give a helping hand.

At first the work environment in the call center was pretty lousy. It was filthy, the work stations were very uncomfortable and the colors were very dull. It's since been remodeled and looks great. The workstations are very ergonomic and I feel they really increase productivity. It can at times be stressful, especially if you take the FNOL split and it's a Saturday.

From Dublin, Oh — 04/10/2010

I work as a customer service representative in the call center. I have enjoyed my time at Safelite and like any other job it has its ups and downs. My job coach has been very good to me although there are a few that treat me with no respect. I have recently learned new accounts and my pay has been increased to a more acceptable wage. I may be looking for new opportunties soon as it seems the best job coaches and the best manager are leaving to open a new call center. Benefits are below average but the new building and clean enviornment is uplifting.

From Columbus, OH — 03/23/2010

I've worked in the sales department the last year and a half. I have yet to see someone doing what they are supposed to be doing reprimanded, fired or corrected for anything. The job coaches are glorified CSR's and just like in any other company there are great ones and not so great ones. From the time I was interviewed until now the company policies have been outlined to me. It seems pretty simple to me: if you want to work here do x,y, and z.
Sales-wise it's straightforward as well, sell glass and make sure the customers complete the work. I'm an hourly employee and frequently able to work OT, make commission and even earn a profit sharing bonus quarterly. Not everyone makes commission, those that aren't can't sell glass.
My only real gripe is the infrequency of advancement opportunities. Coaches have been short staffed and overworked for several months. They definetly need more managers if they want to hit the 1:25 ratio they claim they have.
It's an entry-level position, it has stresses and hassles, but at the end of the day you're hard pressed to find something comparable.

From Daytona Beach, FL — 03/23/2010

I am currently working for Safelite right now and I couldn't ask for anything better. I am 18 years old making $11 an hour right off the bat and I will be getting paid $15 when I become a technician in a few weeks. For you people who complain that Safelite won't give you a raise, do more work. You get paid per glass piece you do and if you do quite a few in one day you get a hefty commission bonus which is alot of money. If you think your only going to do a few jobs, pack up your stuff, and go home, your not going to make much. It is a strenuous job that requires alot of dedication and work, but the higher ups of Safelite will treat you well if you show them your willing to man up. So if your going to come on here and complain that your not happy with Safelite, stop being a bum and have a spine.

From louisiana — 01/23/2010

i enjoy working for safelite. people have to understand that if they feel walked on then leave or stand up for yourself. they also have to understand safelite/belron is waaaaay bigger than you, your boss, your bosses bosses and your bosses bosses boss. things take time. unfortunatly they may take a real long time and may be forgotten, but persistence and hard work is the only thing that will ever get you anywhere at any job. i feel great with my job... the freedoms and understanding are great compared to having a boss down my neck......ofcorse this wouldnt be the case if i didnt get my work done and didnt earn my respect

From Columbus, OH — 08/27/2009

Great place to work if you're white collar and not in the call center (but customer service reps have it bad no matter where they work). Middle and upper management is very competent and do a good job of making sure employees have the support and resources they need to get their job done. Expectations are made clear and communication is good. It's a pretty respectful environment full of people who are easy to get along with, and the benefits are a little above average.