Working at Safe Harbor Mortgage — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Safe Harbor Mortgage pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Safe Harbor Mortgage

From Lake Oswego, OR — 02/19/2010

It really baffles me to see the Loan officers are on here constantly bitching about Safe Harbor. If you don't like it, go work someplace else! You're in sales- anyone will hire you. The truth of it is, most loan officers who have worked here couldn't work someplace where they weren't spoon fed leads. In my experience, most of the LO's here have the IQ of a 3rd grader.... Also, everyone talking about a class action law suit. Get over it! you were on a salary- which means that you were exempt from overtime. Besides, most of the LO's here NEVER worked 40 hours a week.. the OPS department did... 9-6 with an hour lunch is NOT overtime PEOPLE!

From lake oswego, OR — 09/26/2009

Very competitive pay plan and an operations team that provides great support to the loan officers. Management puts a lot of pressure on loan officers, which can be good and bad. I have been with Safe Harbor for about 12 months and made 62k during this timeframe.

From Lake Oswego, OR — 01/08/2009

Safe Harbor is a fine place to work. As long as you’re productive, you have job security. The commission tiers have recently changed to include a “probationary” period, something that I think will help motivate other employees. Basically, the goal is to fund a minimum of one loan per month… Not really that unrealistic if you ask me.

Hiring is on the rise right now, as we’re trying to grow. This can be frustrating, and does bring down the competency levels of other employees, simply because they’re new to the industry.

Other than that, the opportunity to make great money is there. Especially with our relationships with some of the largest lenders nationwide. The other advantage is that this is a small company, where you’re not just number in the CEO’s eyes. He actually knows your name.

The only downside for me is a lack of employee benefits, such as med/dent/eye insurance… and a 401k plan.