Working at rural king — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about rural king pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at rural king

From Evansville, IN — 09/30/2010

It was awesome working her the first few months. My managers appreciated me and my work, encouraged me and the work was interesting to me (I worked in the nursery). When the nursery closed they sent me to work inside.

It was okay and I actually preferred it to being outside since it was extremely hot this summer working on asphalt and all.

Then another employee and I were told to do a massive price change one Sunday morning and so we did. The next day, the assistant manager attacked me because they had got an email telling them not to do the price change. The email had came too late, there was nothing that we could have done to avoid the mistake. The assistant manager did not need to act the way she did.

Ever since that day, she has been a pain to work with. There have been several instances that she has been childish, ridiculous and in some cases, abusive toward me and the other employee who I worked with that day.

The manager has hit the employee in the mouth and ran them over with a cart! She never said she was sorry or anything! Absolutely unacceptable!

The manager constantly follows you around and asks what you're doing and tells you that its wrong. No encouragement! Only harassment. The manager goes to the main manager and tattle-tales about everything ppl do and he turns around and makes examples out of people.

I would avoid working at this Rural King in particular.