Working at Ross Stores — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Ross Stores pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Ross Stores

From Florida — 03/17/2009

Well it's retail, and anyone who's ever worked in it knows that I mean when I say that. The pay is typical garbage, minimum wage. Benefits are OK, they do have benefits for even part-time employees (but even those pretty much suck). Job security is good, if you do your job well and show up for your shifts, you're pretty much golden. They're willing to work with you on your schedule, which is definitely a plus if you're going to grad school or something. Career potential is always there, I guess, if you're there long enough maybe they'll promote you to a manager or an area supervisor. Depending on where you're located, it can be busy or slow (obviously). Your co-workers usually know what they're doing, which is good. I mean, they're in the same place you are... Work environment is typical of a retail environment: snotty customers leaving their garbage all over.