Working at Roehl Transport — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Roehl Transport pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Roehl Transport

From Marshfield, Wi — 03/13/2010

Hey lets face it we are in a hard time in life, the economy sucks, and every major company in the country is in it to squeeze a dime out of a nickel, and would you blame them. When was the last time that you heard of an employer sticking their neck out to keep, or gain respect from and employee. Mid Nineties is the last time I had heard of that. From their perspective it is cheaper to let somebody who has been getting a year or twos worth of expected pay increases, walk away complaining about a bad incedent. Than it is to fix a costly problem, and continue to give them increases and keep them happy. Remember the alternative is to get rid of them, and fill their boots with a fresh driver that is at the bottom of the pay scale again.
I would not judge a company by what they do for individuals right now, I would look closer at where do they put their money. What is important to them. I like driving past the scales 9.5 times out of 10. I also enjoy high weekly miles, a well maintained, and very safe company truck. Not perfect, but not going to hurt anyone.
For veterans, myself, and several others in classes with me, were offered FREE training. The classes we were given by Roehl I am finding out by talking to other New Drivers on the road, are excelent classes, and training. I met a driver from Miami Diesel Driving school that did not even know what a reset was. (34 hour rule)
He had graduated, and started with a company.
Roehl puts its money on safety, and gives back to the country, by taking care of Veterans. Thank You Roehl for going Well and Far Above, and Beyond. I appreciate what you did for me, and as long as I am able, I will not let you down, I will not accept negativity in you, without seeking a positive, and I will not quit working for you, until at least 1 year when you have had a fair chance to recover schooling cost, and such from me as an employee.
As far as soldiers seeking work while ACAP ing, I definatly recomend this company over the others that I sought out. This one is amongst the best for Truck Driving. Good Luck whoever you find though.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Ask about the Veterans Honor Program for those who have Honorably left the military within past 12 months.