Work at RGIS — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about RGIS pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at RGIS

From Muncie, Indiana — 03/17/2008

In my life, I worked for RGIS about a total of 7 yrs altogether. I once stayed long enough to get a 5 yr pin.
If you're a hard worker and don't care whether you go in at 2 am or 10 am, or both on the same day, whether you might leave and never make it home, or even be locked in a store all night and not allowed a break, it's a fabulous job.
I made good money (when they felt like paying me). The better you are, the more you make. It's a no-brainer job, esp. if you can use a keypad without looking.
If you don't have a car, don't have a phone, can pass a 2nd grade math test (well, they'll work with you there), you're hired! They'll even come get you for work, wake you up, give you something to keep you awake, dress you, sometimes even feed you.
I look back fondly on the numerous 2-4 hr rides to and from stores confined in a vehicle with 7 of the great unwashed, watching them getting stoned-stupid on the way there, mooning other cars, dropping handfuls of Vicodin, Xanax, whatever was handy during inventories, pulling thru the drive-thru liquor barns afterwards so they could get drunk on the way home...ahh, good times!
It's feast or famine: you'll be lucky to have time for coffee and a shower between jobs in January, but come October you'll only get work if you're elite or "one of us".
By November you're laid off until January again.
If you're willing to risk your life and be one of the best, there's comraderie to be had.
We had a certain strange pride in our ability to pound out a store when others were dropping like flies around us. Drunk, stoned, smelly or cranked on Mini-thins, chewing coffee beans in grocery stores, some of us were very good.
Make no mistake however, it will eventually suck the life out of you. I won't go back now, I'm too old for that life.
There's also a class-action lawsuit pending over willful FLSA violations. They knew they were screwing us, and we knew we were getting screwed. Now it's coming back to haunt them. C'est la vie.
Work for them at your own risk.

From Lubbock, TX — 11/14/2007

Pay: The pay is decent, its more than i made compared to other jobs i've been at.

Respect: There is little respect for the bosses.It's basicaly half and half when it comes to respect.

Benefits: I don't know much about the benefits, i haven't enrolled yet, but what i heard from the others is that the benefits are not good at all, but i don't know for sure.

Job Security: If you screw up and so something stupid than yeah you will lose your job which is majority of the crew, for the rest of us who take our job seriously where more likely keep the job.

Work/Life Balance: Not a great job if you have small children, but its great if your single or just want to get away from a stressful family. I love to travel and i sometimes like the places we go to work. There are someplaces that are really not that great, but they all work out.

Career Potential/Growth: If you do your job right and great you can go up the ladder with ease, hard work is rewarded, but if you screw up a lot don't expect to go anywhere.

Location: The office is near my home and easy to get to, and when we travel the highway is right there.

Co-worker Competence: For some reason later in the season the people we hire become more and more incompetent and it's very fustrating trying to train them and they don't seem to even try to understand. Some crewleaders step down out of fustration. You just want to wring their necks sometimes.

Work Enviroment: the associates we have to work with sometimes don't seem to know whats going on when they should have been informed weeks before an inventory takes place. Sometimes nothing is preped and that makes our job more difficult. Some complain about the music but after awhile you can tune them out. The people of the north are very rude and not very helpful. Its the same near the southern border.