Employee Review of Zurich Insurance - Check out more reviews of working at Zurich Insurance

From Pearl River, NY — 08/17/2009

I worked in one of the staff legal offices. My co-workers were, on the whole, wonderful people who made my day enjoyable. The pay was below average for the area. There was an overall feel that all things "corporate" were going downhill as we saw our benefits get more expensive every year and the morale just got worse. The location of this firm was excellent though (it has since moved). The building's complex was gorgeous and had a full range of services down on the concourse (gym, cafeteria, candy/lotto store, dry cleaners, travel agency, post office, daycare, ATMs) and a nice outside (basketball courts, fountain, outdoor tables, outdoor arch/vine-covered benches). It was in a non-busy area in suburban New York, so getting to and from work was very easy, especially for locals. The holidays were minimal (we worked on Presidents Day, Columbus Day, Martin Luther King Day, New Year's Eve and Christmas Eve). The benefits offered were far more than many places (medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, flexible spending, vacation buy and sell program, credit union). One downfall is you don't have sick days. Any day you take off comes from a bank of "PTO" days (paid time off) whether you call out sick or plan it as vacation.