Employee Review of yodle - Check out more reviews of working at yodle

From New York, NY — 08/06/2010

I want to start off by saying that I absolutely love this company. I have been working here for a while now and I can honestly say that I look forward to coming into the office each and every day. Yes, the hours are long. Yes, I have sacrificed some of my personal relationships to spend time at work and become part of the group. Yes, the rewards are totally worth it.

However, things are not all perfect here. We recently became profitable and things have started to change. First they told us that since sales are down this quarter we have to change our dress code. This makes no sense. It's 100 degrees outside. The humidity is ridiculous. You are here for 10-11 hours a day. So to make you sell better, you now have to be uncomfortable. The rationale is beyond stupid. There is no relation between these two. I wish I knew who was behind this.

Next, we do not get paid overtime. That's fine. It's a sales job. If you want to stay late to close a deal or call someone from California that's on you. But now they are telling us that we can only work 40 hour weeks. If we stay late, we have to come in late the next day. So they are now punishing us for wanting to excel. This also makes no sense to me.

And the final thing is that they obviously want to take the company public, and so they are hiring at a tremendous rate to keep up with all the accounts that our incredible sales staff bring on. But now they are telling us that we have to change our entire office demeanor. No more drinking after hours, no more games, etc.

I know it's a job, but these are the things that I love ABOUT this job. If they change, it will be just another lame office environment. And I don't want that. Hopefully somebody will read this and catch on to what's happening. The job is great, I just want it to stay great.