Employee Review of YMCA - Check out more reviews of working at YMCA

From Columbus, Ohio — 12/07/2008

Overall the YMCA of Central ohio succedes in fulfilling the mission of building strong kids, family and community. The visible and Strong Leadership at the YMCA have always demonstrated caring and respect to the lower level employees.

Benefits for Staff include membership, discounts on classes and extended discounts for partners, as well as terrific retirement and matching 401.

No ones job is safe in this economy, however, anyone who is willing to be flexible is accomodated and only the totally incompetent are managed out.

This is a great opportunity to involve your family into your work life, and with childcare onsite as well as youth sports, swimming lessons, pools, family nights, volunteer opportunities, gyms, yoga, pilates, cycling, c'mon, "What more could you ask for from an employer"

Career growth is there for anyone who comes to understand the Y's mission and has the patience to wait for the right fit to arise. Don't think you can advance fast here. You need to be good at your job, competent, caring, and willing to stick it out in the long haul if you want to move up here. But then the stars of this association shine bright for many years, they don't rise fast and burn out.

With so many locations around the city it can't be far for anyone to drive or take the bus like I do everyday.

Co-workers vary from inept to competent, however managment tends to work with them to find a "fit" to a fault.

The environment is clean and safe for me and my family. I would recommend the YMCA of central ohio to anyone who wants to make a difference in their lives and the lives of others. It is enriching, but if you are an egotist I recommend you stay away or you won't be fulfilled.