Employee Review of Yellowpages.com - Check out more reviews of working at Yellowpages.com

From manhattan, ny — 01/09/2010

I worked in ypc for 3 years. it was the best job I have even had, until they changed VP's. and especially when AT&T corporate took over. I had months that I made 29k. Then we started getting hit with charge backs. At that point you are not getting ahead. I made some great friends there (most have left). At one point when LB was here the culture was great, you knew exactly where you stood with him. He stoop behind his people. didnt comed across as a slick car salesman.

Now HR is out on a witch hunt. It seems that they are looking for any reason to fire you. I left before they could further investigate me, They apparently were offended because I sent a joking email to a co worker. (who also was a minority) it wasn't a raciest joke. it was a slang comment. Instead of being verbally warned they told me they were conducting a full investigation . I resigned 2 days later.

Now I am in IAC, could be a great company. There pay plan is a joke. Its very hard to be inspired to sell good accounts w2hen you are not being compensated for them . Iike some people there, others totally avoid you. I assume its because3 of the high turn over.

In my pas month working here, i seen 2 people fired. I guess for lack of production, I am a simple person. Compensate me properly and I will Carry a TEAM, let alone my self.

Remember,

when you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

I am currently looking for a company that wants to seriously take over this market. There is a huge amount of potential . We just need the right company with the right type of backing to show these would Be's how a Team Of Closers can make some noise..

If anyone out there wants to discuss this further then please send a comment. We can use this as a networking site to try to find a SERIOUS company that wants Successful Closers. I am not shy and I am very aggressive. I know my friends I have made there are on the same page. We could take a ypc or iac or even reach local and bring them to the promise land. Micromanaging is not the way to do it.

You need direction, Drive and focus.

i, corious to see what other people think about this. I also was a dsm in the company. I know how it is on both sides of the fence over there.