Employee Review of XO Communications - Check out more reviews of working at XO Communications

From Plano, Texas — 05/14/2008

I worked for XO/Nextlink in 2000-2001 and truely enjoyed working there. The reason I left was due to economic uncertainty after 9/11 and the job market with my first child on the way. Hindsight is truely 20/20, and I should have stayed there. From what I've learned, pay raises really haven't been handed out, but bonuses when the company came into extra money. Work environment was excellent, I had more than plenty of time off if I needed it. I left because of uncertain job security, but found I would have been just fine even 6 years later. Good benefits, great people to work with, but hard for certain slackers to get fired. I can't speak to growth potential due to only being there for 18 months, but have witnessed others being fairly rewarded for thier efforts after I left.