Employee Review of Washington Mutual - Check out more reviews of working at Washington Mutual

From Irvine, CA — 04/30/2008

I worked for WaMu for almost 10 yrs, until I was laid off due to company downsizing. Regardless of being laid off, I have to say that they are an excellent company to work for. I was always treated with respect. My associates were intelligent, hard working people and the same applies to the management teams. When I was laid off, I was given 4 months notice and a good severance package. Not many companies do that for their associates. The only downside for me was the Irvine Campus location. Although it is nice, and has a campus cafeteria, the drive to Irvine is horrendous as this is the heart of most corporate business. Other than that, I can recommend WaMu. And, last but not least, I get the impression that people who post on this website are primarily people who have negative things to say. I am glad that I am not one of them.