Employee Review of Walgreens - Check out more reviews of working at Walgreens

From Oregon — 09/27/2009

I was a photo technician for 1 year. I worked hard and treated my coworkers with respect and I got treated well and got the hours I wanted. The bad workers (lazy, bad attitude) were weeded out eventually where I worked, and the good workers stayed on. We worked holidays but scheduling days off was easy if managers had proper notice ahead of time. Most customers were nice, a few werent. Training wasnt thorough, but managers and help center were helpful. Photo and cashier is a good job for a student who works part time, but not so good for supporting a family because the pay is just above minimum wage. If you work in photo, cosmetics, or as a cashier, you wont bring home a decent paycheck. I couldnt pay the bills as a photo tech and I didnt want to be a retail manager or work in pharmacy, so I quit Walgreens.