Employee Review of Walgreens - Check out more reviews of working at Walgreens

From phx, az — 09/28/2008

pay 10.75 not bad for being a sims
respect i know my job and i get respected for it mgt's respect me
benefits meh what ever
job security secure unless i steal it seems
work/life 9-5 cant complain
location less than a mile from my house
career potential ive turned down the mgt possition because it would get in the way of my schooling
co-worker well lets just say there not the brightest penny in the fountan or sharpest tool in the shed (okay fine most of the night shift are lazy freaks but hey walgreens prides its self on diversity ;-)
work environment is great for the most part i get left alone to do my job

i get it most stores suck but its all what you make of it you can go into work thinking i hate this place i wonder if i can make it look like an electrical fire(okay fine getting a litte personal) but its not bad for the most part. once you can move away from the front register it gets better i started as a photo tech 3 years ago making 8.75 now im 10.75 so there is hope the trick is to get pharmacy trained. but basicly the best way to know if it is a good place to work go in to the store your interested in and talk to people both day and night shift the answers will be diffrent but both helpful i would recomend my store to anyone.