Employee Review of Walgreens - Check out more reviews of working at Walgreens

From Highlands Ranch, CO — 06/05/2008

Maybe it's just because I have never worked for any other company. But so far, I have enjoyed my experience with Walgreens. I believe that your happiness depends entirely on your store manager. I have worked at 2 different stores and have gone through 4 different store managers, my current one has been the best and I adore him. There is real potential for a promotion if you really want it. I started out as a regular Photo Technician, then worked my way up to Head Photo Technician, then got promoted to SIMS Coordinator, which is a fantastic position. I get to pick whatever hours and days I want to work, the pay is suitable for me. Not great, but it's ok for now. I know not all positions are like this though. Most employees do not get to pick what they want to work. Benefits for this company are great though. If you join their profit sharing program you can easily save lots of money plus earn a company match for 401k.