Employee Review of Wal-Mart - Check out more reviews of working at Wal-Mart

From Sevierville, TN — 04/13/2010

I work at the Wal-Mart in Sevierville, TN, which is a MAJOR tourist trap (being near Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge). It's constantly packed. Plus we're currently going through a remodel, which has made our store look amazing. I love my coworkers, and my management, but Wal-Mart is the worst placed on earth to work! Almost everyone hates to shop at Wal-Mart, so they take it out on you. I've been called the worst things while working there. The pay is amazing (atleast at my store), which is why you say to yourself "I hate this job, but the pay is so good...I'll just stay here, it's hard to find another job anyway" People get stuck in this job and end up being there for years. I do not recommend working for Wal-Mart. And it's not Sam Walton's fault for how Wal-Mart has turned out to be. If he were still alive, it wouldn't be as bad as it is.