Employee Review of Victoria's Secret - Check out more reviews of working at Victoria's Secret

From Boston Area, MA — 04/13/2010

My experience with the company started out 6 years ago. Over that period of time in a retail environment it's not unusual to have many many changes - in policies, in management, in scheduling, etc. I felt that in the time I had spent there I had adequately adapted to those changes and worked above and beyond what was expected of me.
I was a fan of the product which made it easy for me to sell, an expert at sizing and fantastic with helping customer's that needed extra assistance.

Recently it was brought to my attention that policy had changed in a way that I hadn't been aware of - although each and every one of my managers were aware of my actions. I was told that my employment would be subject to review based on this.
I decided that after all this time spent educating myself, honoring the company and being a loyal worker, this was beyond insulting and quit.

For the little pay, the time spent in high heels on marble tile, the inventories, the pressure to purchase & love the products, it all just wasn't worth it.

Victoria's Secret and Limited Brands is a great company for college students but for a part time gig for a full time corporate gal, it's not - you become replaceable and it's just not worth it.