Employee Review of Verizon - Check out more reviews of working at Verizon

From Tennessee — 08/10/2010

I am so glad this site exists. I can finally let out my rage for this company! I have read through most the reviews on here, and I could not agree more. I am glad I am not the only one who feels like they've signed over their soul to work for Verizon, but I already knew that based on some of the things I've already seen in my call center. I have never been so stressed out about a job in my life. Yeah they offer good pay and benefits, but it is not worth my time there at all. I should've known that working for a company as large as Verizon would come with its major upsets. I can't even enjoy my time away from the call center because I'm too busy thinking about how I'm going to survive the next day of work. I just can't deal with a company that has too many different departments that tell customers different things so that when the account gets to me I have to pacify the customer and give them what they need all at the same time while keeping up with our stats in the call center. My main complaint with the company is that there is no fine line between customer service and performance measures. You can't help a customer when you have too keep calls a certain length every time so that you can meet your calls per hour, and working in financial services, you have to collect money on the account too. Do you really think that an angry customer is going to give you money, but we have to meet hour dollars per hour. That's the thing about big companies as they get bigger, they begin to lose that rapport with the customers and it all becomes a race to make more money than the competitors. I am just so sick of this company. It's getting to the point to where I don't even care anymore. I just go to work and hope for the day to end because I feel like I have to be there in order to make ends meet. I am currently looking for a way out because I know I'm not going to be able to survive there anymore. I have already made myself sick from stress and anxiety, and I refuse to be dependent on medication over a job. For those who enjoy working for this company, good for you. I can't hang. I've always loved their cellphone service and was a customer before working there, but from an employee's view, just stay away. If you see a job opening, DO NOT APPLY UNLESS IT'S YOUR LAST RESORT.