Employee Review of Valley Yellow Pages - Check out more reviews of working at Valley Yellow Pages

From Santa Rosa, ca — 10/24/2009

I've been the Valley Yellow Pages as an Account Executive for three years and make close to a six figure income. It's not the easiest job in the world, but the people who fail, and there are many of them, aren't really cut out to be sales people. I commute 50 miles to the office each day, over a mountain, and I wouldn't do it if the rewards weren't there. I tend to overlook the office BS. Regardless of several decisions by management over the past year that I've been less than enthusiastic about, I'm still making money. Yes, I work weekends, book early morning appointments and late appointments 100+ miles away from my house, but I'm there to make money, period, and that's what it takes to be better than the average Account Executive who refuses to do what it takes to make money and then blames everyone but him/herself for their failure.

The bottom line, if you can sell then this is a decent job. If you're looking for a real "career" this might not be for you, but if you're looking to be compensated for hard work, and I work very very hard, then you'll make $70,000-$80,000 your first year. The people making $60,000 or less are the ones who whine and complain about the company. They're the ones who don't/won't find new business, aren't building relationships with their existing renewal accounts, and are generally refusing what it takes to be successful.