Employee Review of VA Hospital - Check out more reviews of working at VA Hospital

From Gainesville — 01/26/2010

It's a government job, so it brings government pay similar to national averages, but with longer hours and better benefits which is good and bad I suppose. Job security is great and most of the people who work here are really outstanding at what they do and they are allowed to actually do what's needed to help the patient- they are not limited by insurance companies and other similar red tape. The unfortunate thing is that you are much more likely to deal with alcoholics, people trying to (some successfully so) scheme the disability laws, drug addicts, homeless people, and other less than desirable folk. The management and workers are truly fantastic, it's just unfortunate that many of the clients/patients are not of a similar caliber.