Employee Review of USAA - Check out more reviews of working at USAA

From COlorado Springs, CO — 10/20/2010

I worked as an auto claims adjuster at USAA Colorado Springs for about 2 years. I really liked the company for the most part. I was promoted twice in 2 years and the received pretty decent raises. When I left i was making over $19/hour. Let's face it though, it's a call center environment and they make that pretty clear during the interview process. It can be very stressful at times. There were about 120+ adjusters doing the same job as me and there were only about 5-10 of us that kept up with our files. It is a very demanding job and it can be hard to have a work/life balance. They put a lot of emphasis on having your degree. They would promote idiots with degrees before they promoted people who could actually do the job. They encourage you to go back to school but it can be very challenging, especially since most adjusters had to work over time just to try and keep up with files. I was able to keep up with my work load but it didn't come without stress. The only reason I left is because my husband is in the military and we had to move. Otherwise, I would still be working there. With that said, I would've probably had to go on anxiety medicine if I had stayed.