Employee Review of US Coast Guard - Check out more reviews of working at US Coast Guard

From Boston, MA — 05/31/2009

As an E7 with 20 years of service, I can say some aspects of the Coast Gurad are fantastic. Unfortunatley, others are very poor. The Coast Guard is all about political correctness, and it promotes heavily based on race and gender. I've seen some gregious examples of reverse discrimination. A new disturbing trend is the growing civilain component of the CG, which is being allowed to create niches within the infrastructure and basically rape the CG and treat the military members however they feel. The Coast Guard is really going down hill, very sad.

Are there still members who embody the spirit of rescue a sea? You bet, but they are quickly being replaced by office workers and corporate attitudes. Leadership is being over run by mangament.