Employee Review of UPS - Check out more reviews of working at UPS

From Minnesota — 10/04/2008

Pay: about $11/hr after multiple raises in the past 6 months.

Respect: It depends on who we're talking about. You get respect for working your tail off and not being a whiner.

Benefits: Incredible medical benefits. $10 copay, and 90%-100% coverage on just about any medical cost you can think of. Tuition reimbursement is available too.

Job Security: Like I mentioned before, Show up, work your tail off and don't be a whiner - You should be fine.
s
Work/Life balance: This is tough since I work the night shift. Weekends are usually pretty messed up since I can't seem to go to sleep until 3-4am and can't get up until 1-2pm

Career Potential: It's there ...if you're willing to climb a really tough and really, really long ladder. It's a seniority based system. From what I've heard, it takes up to 10 years of seniority just to get a driver position. Though, they do pay pretty well, but who wants to lift boxes for that long? geesh.

Location: In the middle of a heavy commercial/light industrial area... where you would expect it to be.

Co-worker competence: I think highly of my immediate co-workers.. though an assortment of jerks, weirdos, and bums can be found throughout the facility.

Work Environment: Everything is hard. You'll have plenty of scraps and bruises to show off. This job is only for people willing to do real work on a consistent basis. be prepared to devote a lot of sleep time at first. It's noisy and smells and is poorly lit.. no glamour here. You sweat like you've never sweat before, and you work your *** off, and just when you think you can't take it anymore.. RELOAD!