Employee Review of University of Phoenix - Check out more reviews of working at University of Phoenix

From California — 03/06/2007

The pay is decent, raises are great if you perform (6000+ in first six months). Performance is expected and respect is directly tied to this, but overall good. Benefits are alright, they do go up in price every year since I have been here, but I hear that is normal. Job security is great, have not seen anyone laid off, most turnover is from people quitting. Work life balance is average, they do sometimes lean on you to work saturdays, and sometimes you feel that your success depends on working long hours. This is expected in a job where you are scheduling appointments with non tradtional students. Career growth potential is alright, you can make a ton of money with the company, promotions are strange, can't really get a bead on what kind of people that they like to promote, the last guy promoted was an ass with all kind of hr issues, but other than that it seems that the performers get promoted. Locations are great, usually right off of the freeway. Co-Workers are awesome, too bad a lot of them move on to better opportunities, kind of using the University as a springboard. The work environment can be high stress but can also be pretty rewarding.