Employee Review of United States Postal Service - Check out more reviews of working at United States Postal Service

From Modesto, CA — 10/02/2009

Worked at the Remote Encoding Center in Modesto, CA twice between 1995 and 2003. Pay was excellent at the time for what amounted to strictly data entry work. ($5 above minimum wage) We were told from the very start that it was supposed to be a temporary position until their systems were advanced enough to barcode mail automatically. Supervisors in general were respectful (with a couple of exceptions, most notably one accused of sexual harassment who was transferred instead of fired). The work was hard, especially during the holidays where 10- and 12-hour shifts were common. Eventually the site did close, but it was open for a lot longer than expected. I left once due to stress, and was happily hired back a couple of years later.