Employee Review of Unisys - Check out more reviews of working at Unisys

From NSW — 06/17/2009

PAY - Is anyone ever happy with their pay? Pay at Unisys is not fantastic and it's damn hard to get an increase, but I think it's market driven and you need to negotiate at the start.
RESPECT - I've worked at worse places and the people at Unisys are decent and professional.
BENEFITS - Many benefits have been withdrawn to save costs - no free lunches here! But they still provide salary sacrifice, education assistance and insurance is paid by the company via the superfund.
JOB SECURITY - On going restructure and off-shoring of work means there is not much job security. I think this is a fixture in the IT industry.
WORK LIFE BALANCE - I like working at all hours and mixing personal with work duties. This means that I start early, take a break to do domestic stuff, take the kids to soccer, then finish the day after the kids are in bed. I don't have a 9 to 5 routine, which gives me more control on how and when I get the work done. One of the top reasons I want to stay here.
CAREER GROWTH - Not bad. I had 2 promotions in 2 years, with another promotion in the pipeline....it can get political, but if you're good at what you do, someone will eventually recognise it.
LOCATION - I live 10 mins to the office and WFH most days, so it's a winner!!
CO-WORKERS - Most are competent, some are experts in their field, some are twerts.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - Given all the restructure that's going on, it's not the best environment to be in. It also depends on location; Canberra has lots of energy, Perth is muted, etc.
My tenure is heading towards the 4 year mark and I don't regret coming to Unisys.