Employee Review of Time Warner - Check out more reviews of working at Time Warner

From Cincinnati, Ohio — 06/30/2008

Pay: I'm in an entry level professional position, so my salary isn't the greatest, but I make a good living. I'm getting paid equally as much as I was in my last job that I left for this position, and the benefits, security, work-life balance, career potential and work environment are all far superior.
Benefits: Time Warner's benefits are excellent. They have a generous 401k match, full medical/dental/vision, low premiums, and give us a choice of two well-respected health care providers. The free cable and internet doesn't hurt either!
Job Security: As long as you are performing your job well, there are relatively no worries about losing your position as far as I am aware.
Work/Life Balance: Coming from a job where this was non-existent, I feel it is wonderful. I work mostly with other young professionals, and there is rarely an issue of not having balance. There aren't any people in my department that ever complain about not having a good balance between their home life and work. We often stay in the office untili 6:30-7:00PM, but even then it doesn't really feel like a burn-out situation. When we have work to do, we do it-- otherwise we go home and enjoy the time off. Time Warner gives us ample vacation, personal and sick time should we need it.
Career Potential: If you do a good job, they recognize it. It's as simple as that. It is definitely a company in which you could build a long and rewarding career.
Location: I work out of Blue Ash, which is about a 20 min. drive from the city. It's close to I-275, I-75 and I-71, making it an easy commute to just about anywhere in the greater Cincinnati area.
Co-worker Competence: I don't think enough can be said about the quality of individuals that I work with. You can trust any one of them to their job, and do it well. All members of my department are extremely intelligent, have great interpersonal skills, and are very good at their individual jobs.
Work Environment: Again, it is an extremely professional environment. We like to have fun and joke around with one another (with in reason). I have never witnessed any inappropriate behavior or rudeness toward any coworkers (I'm not saying that it's never happened, but I've never seen it).

Overall, Time Warner (Cincinnati) is, in my opinion, an excellent place to build a career and make some great friends. If anyone has the opportunity to work for this company, I would recommend taking full advantage of it! The quality of the people-- both personally and professionally-- is unmatched in my experience.