Employee Review of Target - Check out more reviews of working at Target

From MN — 02/15/2010

I have worked for Target for many years. The only thing that keeps me there is my pay. It's not a great paying job for beginning cashiers, but I am in upper management in the store, so I am thankful for that. Otherwise, Target is always looking for ways to get more done with less resources. I believe in working smarter, but I believe Target is burning out its most valuable resources very quickly by giving them less help and having them jump through more and more hoops. For instance, once a month I am supposed to "status" with my superiors. It's basically like writing an English paper every month and getting graded on it. I spend about an hour of time working on this paper each month and about half an hour with my superiors reviewing it. Do you know how much actual work I could've accomplished in that hour and a half?? Give me a break. I am looking for work elsewhere at this point - hasta la vista, Target!!