Employee Review of Target - Check out more reviews of working at Target

From Madison, Wisconsin — 06/20/2009

I've recently transferred to a new store after 3 years with my previous store and I have to say that the transition has been shockingly smooth. As a college student entering a store where the work force is primarily post-college I was a little intimidated, but everything has been great. Do I have complaints? Sure, as a primarily fitting room/guest services TM, I hear the majority of guest complaints and I have to agree with many of them. Responses to phone calls is slow and I often times have to use my best completely exasperated voice when calling out my third requests on phone calls just to get any sort of response at all. That being said most TMs are friendly and relatively competent at their job. Sure, as an experienced member of the team I suppose I am taken advantage of at time, but in a way I enjoy it, knowing I am capable of doing the work my superiors do and therefore giving me a heads up when the opportunity for promotion arises. All in all, yes, Target has its problems, but I love my job and don't plan to leave anytime soon.