Employee Review of State Farm Insurance - Check out more reviews of working at State Farm Insurance

From Sacramento — 08/22/2008

I've worked over 20 years for State Farm Insurance and I agree with what others have stated, without a college degree they will not promote you. However, this company has so much to offer, excellent pay, great time off policies(vacation, sick leave, personal time off) and relocation pay. The company is constantly changing as it should be, the consumer expects service 24/7 and call centers are here to stay. One area I feel they should improve on is their management structure, they currently have too many levels. For instance in the claims department management is as follows: Team Manager; Section Manager; Claims Manager; VP. The Claims Manager position should be eliminated as they just slow things down. This company isn't perfect but I'm proud to be an employee!