Employee Review of State Farm Insurance - Check out more reviews of working at State Farm Insurance

From Bloomington, IL — 04/25/2008

I interned at State Farm Headquarters and it was a dream come true. It's hard to get in the company. From my experience, they hire from within. The pay as an intern was better than I'm finding in a premanate professional position elsewhere. From day one, I was treated as an equal to the communications veterans. At the time, I didn't have a family of my own but witnessed the State Farm's high value of the work/life balance. I can realate to other's reviews that it's who you know that will make the difference and help you along the hierarchy. Also, the pre-employment test was hard. Fifty percent fail. It was tough being around all the other interns who did well and were offered a position in the department where they interned. My co-workers were very supportive and friendly. The communications VP was interested in what I had to say. Birthdays were recognized and potlucks were held regularly in the office. It was a great summer!