Employee Review of Starbucks - Check out more reviews of working at Starbucks

From Chicago, il — 06/19/2010

I've worked at Starbucks for four years and your sbux experience really depends on your manager. I've had 6 so far and they generally set the tone for the store. the benefits are great, but the pay is not good. my fiance makes twice as much as me in his part time job than I do in my full time, but his doesn't have health insurance so I have to stay at Sbux for now. I have a college degree, so for those who say get a degree and a better job I would say they don't know much about what's going on in the job market.
The hardest part and best part of the job is the customers because based on years of experience they either are nice, friendly and sociable or believe that we are lower than themselves and therefore the common courtesies given to most humans do not apply to us. if you don't want to talk to me that's fine but throwing your money on the counter and freaking out because your half an equal latte was not stirred enough is not okay.
I do recommend working for the company if you need good health insurance, don't want to be in a desk job earning the same amount or don't know what you want to do in life and need an interim job. you need to check your pride in at the door or you are going to be a bitter person.