Employee Review of Sobeys - Check out more reviews of working at Sobeys

From Ontario — 01/05/2010

I'm a student who has been working at a Sobeys store for over 2 years. As a student, I find the pay to be fair and consistent in keeping track of hours and in giving raises accordingly. I find that managers pick favourites and I have seen many a time when both low and high level employees have handled situations poorly and improperly. There are absolutely no benefits with working for Sobeys and I find that job security is based on favouritism. The hours currently are ridiculous as shifts have been cut to 4 and a half hours which is unfair to those who use the store to make a living. Although, I, personally, have slowly been gaining more respect from my superiors, I do not believe that many employees should have any reason to believe that they will ever be promoted. I find that the interveiwing process is fair for a grocery store and most of the employees are respectable and professional. The work environment is sometimes stressful, but overall very enjoyable.