Employee Review of Shoppers Drug Mart - Check out more reviews of working at Shoppers Drug Mart

From BC, AB, NFLD — 09/02/2008

I have been sith SDM for 23 years. I have had 4 different positions with the company. I can agree with the others who commented to somewhat, but I think that can be at any job and at any place. I believe the place you work at is only as good as who is managing it. Fortunatly, my experiences have been great. Yes, I have had a few upsetting momements at some locations. I have worked at 7 different SDMs and many different associates and front store managers. The benefits are amazing and the people I have worked with have become great friends. I would recommend anyone to work for SDM. I started at the bottom and became an Assistant Manager. It is all up to you on what you want to become. Their in house training program is great. Like at any job, you will only advance if you work for it and ask for it. I would not work for this company as long as I have if I was treated badly. I have been on the most part treated with respect by my peers. I must admit some locations have been better than others. Smaller communites I find are the best. My current location is amazing. The whole staff have become good friends and that even includes my managers. Currently I am not in management and I am loving my position. Good luck to all. Remember that it all begins with your attitude at any job, not at just Shoppers Drug Mart.