Employee Review of Sears - Check out more reviews of working at Sears

From Baton Rouge, LA — 03/27/2010

There are certain things I like about working here and other things that make me crazy. I do like the people, I enjoy the customers, and the potential is there to make money with hourly plus commission rate. However, certain managers here make the job more difficult than it has to be. We do try to push the purchase agreements but most customers think they cost too much and people are getting increasingly agitated about the hard sell techniques we have to use to try to get them to buy. Also, I have seen certain managers essentially gossiping about different employees on the floor. I find this to be unprofessional. Also, you have to watch certain managers trying to keep you from getting your commission by having the cashiers not ring up a sale under your number. I guess at our store there are increasing trust issues between the management and sales associates that need to be resolved.