Employee Review of Sally Beauty Supply - Check out more reviews of working at Sally Beauty Supply

From Denton, TX — 04/21/2010

I work at the Support Center, which is the company's headquarters. Overall, it's not a bad place to work, depending upon on which department. Mine is okay, I have heard others are great, and still others are horrible. It depends on who the manager is. Pluses include good benefits and stability (I don't think we've laid anyone off during the past couple of years when a lot of companies have), minuses are the pay (big time... the pay here stinks) and growth potential. They want you to just stay in your job and be happy forever. There is no training and if you try to apply for a better job within the company, your manager has to know about it and holds it against you forever. As far as recommending working here or not, I can't say either way. It depends upon your department. Overall I think there are better places, but I am sure there are worse. If you do apply, just be prepared to take a huge pay cut from whatever you are making now!